Amazing Story: A Thousand Secrets

10:08 AM

amazing-story-천-개의-비밀-어메이징-스토리
Amazing Story is a variety show featuring interesting stories, it’s broadcasted by Channel 1 Korea.
I don’t know much about the whole show, but the latest episodes have been focused on the Goryeo and Joseon era.
I’m translating some of the Joseon episodes, they present these stories in a very dramatic way, most of them are exaggerated, some of them inaccurate and weird, but still entertaining. We can see a Queen slapping a King and getting away with it, like nothing happened. Some of the episodes are interesting though, like the one featuring Empress Myeongseong’s death.
I’ll try to keep this project active and translate most of them. I will only be doing the Joseon parts, and I will try my best with the translation but as I always say they won’t be perfect, there will be some empty lines here and there but it’s enough to get the full story.
Finished:

148- The two faces of Lady Hyegyeong: A wise mother, a bad wife.

152- Queen Myeongseong's power. (Sukjong’s mother)

170- Gwanghaegun  vs. Queen Dowager Inmok

0 comments